Sunday, November 2, 2008

Meet Robynn Watkins of RoKa-Bye Designs

With the holidays approaching, thoughts of what gifts to buy friends and family have frequently been on my mind. I absolutely love buying gifts for loved ones, and actually began Christmas shopping back in August. So to help make the holiday shopping a bit easier on everyone else I thought I would share some of my favorite shops between now and the holidays. Today I'd like to share with you the fabulous shop of RoKa-Bye Designs.

At Hollyfest a few weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to have my booth next to Robynn's. She is very talented and friendly, and I really enjoyed getting to know her and her sister. I was able to see her work first-hand and was very impressed. When I asked Robynn if I could feature her and her work on my blog, she agreed! I asked her a few questions and here's what she had to say:

My name is Robynn Watkins, and I was born and raised in Raleigh, NC. About two years ago I started RoKa-Bye Designs, which originally began as creating wooden plaques for children's rooms. Slowly it transformed into a small business, and evolved into glass painting. I no longer do the wooden plaques, but occassionally do murals and canvas art for children's rooms and baby nurseries. I started painting glass by painting wine bottles for Christmas decor that had lights inside. People suggested wine glasses afterwards, and it turned into something I love to do!!! I decided to focus solely on glassware because it is a gift that can be given for any occassion! It's always fun to create new designs that can be part of everyday use or family holidays and special occassions! My designs are not the "traditional" types you see... it's more fun, colorful, whimsical and trendy! My most popular design to date is probably my monogrammed wine glasses.
During my free time, I am a single mother to a 4 (almost 5) year old boy, Kaleb! I am cherishing the time I have with him now before he starts school next summer! But my mind is always going when it comes to new ideas or designs... I love creating things!

Robynn's work can be found on her website, as well as at Gingham & Posh in Raleigh or Radiance Hair Salon located on Highway 42 in Garner.

Happy shopping everyone! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh such lovely glasses! n_n
They do make great gifts.

Kristin said...

What beautiful glasses...Too bad I missed Hollyfest..We were not here that weekend...(I live in Holly Springs!!)