Wednesday, September 10, 2008

NCTriangle Street Team

Allover Art has had a shop on Etsy for a little over a week now. I'm still trying to navigate the ins and outs of the site and how to make sales. In the meantime, I came across a talented group of people called the NCTriangle Street Team. These creative people have all set up shop on Etsy, and they are all local to the Triangle area. Their shops include a wide variety of handmade goods including accessories, art and photography, cards and stationary, ceramics and glass, housewares and gifts, as well as jewelery. For those beginning their Christmas shopping, and those who want to shop for no reason in particular, you'll want to check the team out. Visit the NCTriangle Street Team blog and there you will find links to all our shops.

One of the great and fun aspects of being part of this team is that we do a monthly themed challenge. This month's challenge is "School Colors". I chose to represent the University of Miami in a 6x6 oil painting on gallery wrapped canvas. There's my entry to the left! You're welcome, Matt. ;)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Don't you love etsy?! I'm working on a scheme to quit my day job and sell my creations on etsy. Hopefully soon! Have you seen their blog? http://www.etsy.com/storque/ There are so many helpful articles there.

Ruth said...

Thanks! I've been reading that sporadically. Usually, I try to figure out something on my own though, get frustrated, and then go look for the article, haha. :)

Katie Carolina said...

Great article about the team! Looks like you might be the winner of the next challenge. That painting is great! What a cute pup!

Melissa said...

I love your paintings, they are so great. I do have to admit that I am a Gator alumni, so a Miami painting wouldn't be hanging in my house. :)