Sunday, September 14, 2008

Allover Art Now Has Prints!


After much debating and research, I have decided to expand Allover Art's horizons. By that I mean I want to be able to offer more than original oil paintings. In addition to the custom work that I do and the original paintings I have for sale, I can now offer fine art prints of some of my work! I did a lot of research and contacted several different fine art printers in the area, and came to the conclusion that Tom Leonard of Creek Fine Art was the perfect match for me.

Creek Fine Art is located in Holly Springs, and Tom is great at what he does. I took two of my paintings to him and he was able to reproduce them to look EXACTLY like the painting. The prints turned out perfectly. Now, I am able to sell detailed prints in my Etsy shop for a much more affordable price, as well as have prints to sell at fairs and other events. Tom can create prints on durable, waterproof fine art paper, as well as prints on canvas over stretcher bars. The quality of these prints amaze me. I am pleased to be able to offer some of my work at a lower price.

I also asked Tom to create some ACEO prints for me. ACEO stands for "Art Cards, Editions and Originals". These cards have one main rule - they are 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches - the size of a trading card. Artists worldwide are creating and selling these little cards of different subjects and in different mediums. ACEOs are an extremely collectible form of pocket art, and make for a very unique stocking stuffer! I'm selling these for $4.50 per print, and each one comes in a clear hard plastic top-loading case for protection. The amount of detail in these tiny prints is astounding, and they truly are little works of art.

Stay tuned into my Etsy shop to see what original works I reproduce as prints. I will continue to have more of my work available in this more affordable medium.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks so much for explaining what an ACEO print is. I've seen it in so many stores and had no idea what it was.