Saturday, April 11, 2009

ACE Team Soap Party

I now have a new appreciation for all the soap-makers out there. It is a lot of work! Last Saturday, April 4th, the ACE Team (Amazing Carolina Etsians Team) got together and had a little soap-making party. I never knew how much went into soap-making. We made soap balls, body scrubs, and cold-process soap. Tracey of Tracey Gurley Original Art and April of April's Originals knew what they were doing, while the rest of us looked on and took notes. :)


Tracey mixes soap shavings, essential oils, and water for soap balls while April looks on.


Coconut-Lime Soap Balls


Tracey and April measure out the lye and water for the cold-process soap.


Checking the temperature of the lye; it got up to 180 degrees!


Michelle, Beth, and the rest of us look on; pondering the dangers of lye.

Valerie and April mix the oils and lye on the stove.


Photo Op for the soap; Bernie takes a picture while Cathy looks on.


Pouring it into the mold; it looks like melted white chocolate.

ACE Team members that were able to make it to the party.
From left to right: Tracey, Jenn, April, Beth, Me, Bernie, Cathy, Valerie, Michelle

The party was a lot of fun and it was my first time meeting everyone! To read more about the ACE Team, check out the team blog: ACE Team blog

8 comments:

audreyscountrycrafts said...

That sounds like so much fun!! I love handmade soap. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Anonymous said...

I have always wondered about that too. It looks like fun, great post!

Unknown said...

Awesome post Ruth, I have to admit I was so worried everyone was bored LOL! Glad you enjoyed it, look forward to our next team event!

The World's Dresser said...

Aww - it looks like you guys had a blast!!!

Bern said...

That was so much fun! And you captured it all with great pictures too!

Tracey Gurley said...

Thanks Ruth for documenting our party. Our soap turned out so nice! I will mail a bar to everyone in a few weeks. I hope everyone had fun. I sure did!

Valerie's Essentials said...

Thanks for taking such great pics. Wow. I enjoyed that day and YES new appriciation for soap makers. Thanks for such a wonderful write up!

Lori said...

Hi yall! Wish I could have been there, I'm so glad you took pictures...looks like it was lots of fun!

miss ya,
Lori