Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Must-Have - HollymarkAfterDark

Today marks a new installment of my Monday blog series titled Monday Must-Have. Each Monday I will feature a fellow talented Etsian and his or her phenomenal work. Each featured artist will have his or her own online Etsy shop where you can peruse and admire his or her one-of-a-kind body of work. Hopefully you will find new favorite artists and artisans whose work you MUST HAVE. :)

Today's featured artist is HollymarkAfterDark.

Who are you (actual name/and or shop name)?

My name is Holly Lee, and my shop is HollymarkAfterDark.

What do you create?

I create a variety of items. Some of my items are on the sweet and innocent side, and others are a little frisky! I make keychains, magnets, door hangers, earrings, and charms! Some mature, some not. ;)

Where are you located?

Hopkinsville, Kentucky. A pretty small place.
When did you start creating?

I've made things with my hands for as long as I can remember. When I was younger I did a lot of paper crafts, lately my focus is on polymer clay.

Why did you choose your shop name?

I chose HollymarkAfterDark because this is my second shop. I opened one, Hollymark08 ~ compiled of more whimsical items. I started out making mature items as gag gifts for some of my guy friends at work, and my mom suggested I sell them. I figured I'd give it a shot!

What inspires you?

I'm inspired by many things. Mostly by nature, and by the people around me. I'm also inspired by all the handmade crafters out there. It's great to see so many beautiful handmade items!

What is the most time consuming part of your craft?

Honestly, the most time consuming is either the sculpting, or the photography. Sometimes my camera doesn't want to cooperate with me!
What is your favorite place to visit in your hometown and why?

I still live in my hometown, and honestly - there's not much to it! If I had to pick a favorite place, it would probably be downtown. The historical district here is beautiful!

What is your most popular item that you create (and why do you think it is so popular)?

I don't think there's any *one* item that is the most popular. However, my mature items seem to be a lot more popular than anything else in my shop. I get the most feedback on those items.

What do you do when you are not creating?

When I'm not creating, I'm either in school or relaxing. I was recently laid off from an automotive factory, and I'm spending this time focusing on school & on creating.

Is there anything else you'd like to share?

To anyone and everyone that reads this - Go for your dreams! My goal in life is to become a clinical psychologist, and I've been going to school full time to move closer to that goal. I've been through times where I worked 3:30pm until 3am, went to school from 8am until noon, and did it all over again. If I can do it, anybody can!


Be sure to swing by Holly's shop to peruse her fantastic work. If you're interested in being featured in future Monday Must-Have segments, please feel free to convo me in my Etsy shop or email me. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: