Monday, August 25, 2008

Lazy Daze 2008

This past Saturday Allover Art was at the 32nd Annual Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival in Cary, NC. The weather was fantastic; MUCH cooler than the 100 degrees I hear it was last year. I had to be there bright and early on Saturday morning to finish setting up my booth. Cars were not allowed to enter the festival area after 7am. Can you tell that it's early in the morning?
This painting of the cat playing with his toy was a HUGE hit! I couldn't believe how many people had something to say about it. Literally, every minute of the day someone would point and laugh, or point and say "awww, look." The reaction this painting evoked has prompted me to looking into reproducing some of my art as giclee prints or in some other form. These would be more affordable than the original oil painting. We'll see what comes of my research.

Thank you to everyone who stopped by my booth to say 'hello' and take a gander at some of my work. I really appreciate everyone's kind words about my art. It brings me great joy that so many people think that I have a talent for capturing the personalities of the pets and people in my paintings. To all the new people I met this weekend, I really enjoyed meeting you and listening to stories about your pets. I hope to hear from you again soon.

2 comments:

April said...

So, you evoked some people, eh?! tee hee.. That's awesome!! I was wondering how that went for you. And did you cut your hair?!

Ruth said...

I thought of you when I typed that. :)